Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Opinions or Opiates?


I keep meaning to write more. I determined to write everyday and now, in like, two weeks I've only written one blog. Meh. I like the idea of writing more than I actually like writing. Oh well.

So I would just like to get this off of my chest. I'm tired of opinionated people. I believe that everybody's entitled to their opinion, in fact I wholeheartedly encourage that you foster good ones and think for yourself...be your own person and all that.

I'm just tired of hearing them. Really, it's your right to express them, to argue your point, to tell me that the economy is no one's fault but "So and So's" and that you thought it was HILARIOUS that Bush almost got hit with a shoe.

I just really don't want to hear it anymore. Everybody's got something negative to say. Which is usually founded by half-truths and ignorance. I'm not even saying that I'm completely guilt-free. I think it's going to be a cold day in Hell before I get really excited about our upcoming president. But you aren't going to hear me threaten to move to Paris or bitch about how the country's going to the Crapper. Accept it. Move. On.

On the other hand: Stop bragging about a president that you didn't even do your research on and only elected because of the color of his skin. If I hear one more person say that Obama is already changing this country and has lowered gas prices, I think I'll vomit. HE HASN'T EVEN TAKEN OFFICE YET.

I am fully aware that there are many, many different opinions out there, I have friends on all different sides of the spectrum. All I'm asking is that you realize that the world will keep turning and people will not think you an idiot of you pass up on some chances to start "intellectual debates" with everything that breathes. You'd be surprised how many people value others who keep their opinions and world solutions to themselves until asked.

I'm just saying. I could use a little less tension and little more relaxation in my conversations please.

1 comment:

jacquesweet said...

TAG you're it! See my blog for details!